cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

is it possible to embed own settings into the FPM based application as well, like it can be seen here in this example?:

WDR_TEST_PERS_IMP_EXP

I slightly remember a personalization link to action from FPM slides, probably it can be accessed from there somehow...

I even didn't found where to activate this personalization link.

What should be the steps for embedding an own settings view into my FPM application?

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

thanks for the help.

Kind regards,

Peter

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

currently there are two options in NW04s EhP1:

1. In TA SU3 set the user parameter FPM_CONFIG_EXPERT to X. Then you get the link "Change configuration" in the IDR header that starts the FPM Config Editor via WebDynpro application "configure_component". This corresponds to a change of the explicit and implicit configuration in the so-called "Developer Mode".

2. Start your FPM application with URL parameter sap-config-mode=X. Then you get the link "Adapt configuration" in the IDR header that starts the FPM Config Editor via WebDynpro application "customize_component" resp. "configure_component" + URL parameter ADMIN_MODE=X. This corresponds to a customizing of the explicit and implicit configuration in the so-called "Administrator Mode".

Both options refer to concepts that have been introduced by Netweaver and which are valid for all component configurations (FPM and non-FPM).

Best regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your answer!

Please check the presentation in the attached link.

[FPM Overview Presentation|https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/download/attachments/23594235/FPM+Overview.ppt?version=2]

On the third page you can see, that in the upper right corner there is a personalization link. That's what I need.

I assumed, that there I can embedd my own settings to the application developed by using the FPM.

The question is, how to unhide that "Personalization" link, and, how to embedd my own view from my own component, like it can be seen in example application I mentioned in my first post.

Best regards,

Peter

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

currently there is no possibility to bring up your application specific personalization view from that personalization link. Nevertheless what you can do is to put the linke somewhere within your UIBBs and call your UIBB specific personalization dialog from there. You can look at this [example in L1Q |http://usai1l1q.wdf.sap.corp:8075/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/z_demo?sap-language=EN&sap-wd-configId=Z_DEMO1] (anzeiger/display) where I included a copy of WDR_TEST_PERS_IMP_EX into an FPM application.

Best regards,

Christian

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

for NW04s EhP1 the "Peronsalization" link was omitted, instead the above mentioned links "Change configuration", "Adapt configuration" have been introduced. It is planed to introduce the "Personalization" link/concept maybe with NW04s EhP2, but details are no clear yet ...

Please read also the asnwer from Christian May 9, 2008 10:19 AM

Best regards,

Simon