cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Sales Order for Blocked Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My requirement is, to prevent Sales Order entry for Blocked Materials.

Say, FERT Material 600000330 has Blocked status in Material Master-> Basic Data 1 -> in X-plant matl status

In configuration, Material statuse indicator contains 'B' (Error Msg) for all plnt specific settins except 'BOM' & 'Routings'

I couldn't found any indicator in configuration of 'Material Statuses' to prevent Sales Order Entry.

Please suggest solution.

Chintan Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't serve the purpose.

In current scenario Sales Order is able to enter evenif MRP views, Costing View, Accounting views are not maintained.

If MRP views are not maintanied then Strategies are not getting forwarded to Sales Order. I want to prevent this.

Chintan Patel

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chintan Patel

Go to OVSU, select "01" and click on blue lens on top so that you will see some list of tabs. In that maintain "B" for "Block for order" field and assign this 01 in material master for the field "X-distr.chain status" under Sales: Sales Org.Data 1 tab.

Now for that particular material, sale order cannot be created.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you maintian the x-plant status it will not prevent from create a sales order. But there is one more block available in Costing 1 tab. You may try with that too. But not sure whehter it will prevent the creation of order.

Prase