cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load balancing the batch jobs

0 Kudos

Hello

How do we implement load balancing with batch jobs? we can setup logon groups for dialog users but for batch jobs , if they need to run say every hour on a least loaded dialog instance, how can it be done? Appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks

Vidyadhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While scheduling your batch jobs you can choose the instance on which it should run.This would help you.

Regards,

Vamshi.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response. Yes..I am aware of that. Is it possible to load balance the batch jobs other than that way? I mean system picking the DI?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no load balancing for batch jobs. The batch scheduler on each server at preset intervals (rdisp/btctime), takes as many batch jobs as it can process - for example, if there are 10 released jobs and if the server has 8 free BTC work processes, it takes 8. If there are two other appservers with 8 & 8 BTC WPs, the two released jobs go to the next server. So it's kind of hard to load balance batch jobs. I do not recommend targeting servers with batch jobs, but instead designate application servers for batch processing and let other servers process DIAlog requests. One way to limit batch jobs from swamping one server is to limit the # of jobs to a "factor" of # of CPUs. Also, using special op-modes for btach and asking users to run batch work during off-hours.

-RK