cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A simple question. Does locking happen for background processing? I remember no. It is only for interactive planning. AM I right?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. For ex: if someone is in Interactive Planning in change mode, then you can, say, load data from Infocube into that CVC in planning area in background job.

However you may also note that program /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK has option to use 'Lock Planning Version' which ensures this job fails in background if someone has already logged on in change mode in planning area. If not locked, then this lock option when used with 'Repair Mode' may block all other jobs from accesing the planning area when it is running.

Hope this helps.

- Srinidhi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i assume you are asking about macros in the background...

any process that will involve a change in the value of a cell for a given CVC will caluse locking in order to avoid inconsistency in data

you should try to look at table SM12 while a background job is running to see the locks

if you create two background jobs such that they try to change the same data at the same time it will lock.

But because the locks are released on processing being complete you may not see many issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinidhi and Harish for the replies. Sorry for being vague. If I have a job with two selection ids that cannot be accessed together, I mean cannot be edited the same time, does the system locks or does it manages itself and runs the job?

For example, I created two selection ids that overlap with each other and scheduled a job like forecasting or execution of macro selecting these two selections in MC8E transaction.

Does the system gets locked or does it manage the locks and completes the job? Interactively I cannot run a macro for these two selection ids the same time. How about the background?

Thanks.