Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object for service order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can access to the Service document be restricted to other users having access (based on the Sales Area). Idea is - other users not be able to modify the Service doc(T- Code - iw31,iw32) for a Sales Area that he is not assigned to

if yes then plz giev the object code for the same

Edited by: Chetan Mahajan on May 8, 2008 4:06 PM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I suggested how you might be able to do it in my response to your previous post. Were your tests unsuccessful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it was sucessfull for VA01 and VA02 but for IW31 nad IW32 this is not working

0 Kudos

Ok, that's a shame. From a quick look it seems that you don't have any option to restrict by sales area which jumps out immediately.

How does sales area relate in your organisational data structure? Is there a symbolic link/alignment with plant or another org level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our Org Structure, plant are assigned to Sales Org and Distribution Channel

0 Kudos

OK, next step could be to have a look to see if Plant is checked (I think it might be) and if you so could create roles on groups of plants which represent each Sales area. It's not perfect but short of changing the code (you could speak to an ABAPer to see if there is a user exit or enhancement point they could use) you could reduce some of your risk this way