Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about over delivery process

former_member294729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

I would like to know how to deal with over delivery to customer in sap as standard process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the respective customer master record you can specify the Delivery tollerance limits for over and under delivery. In the Delivery Item category configuration you can configure the systems reaction (error or warning message) when an overdelivery takes place.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing that you can do other than setting the delivery tolerances is that if you physically ship out more than

you did on aper you should call up the customer and inform them and then add another line to the order and goods issue that. If the customer wants to keep the items then the process stops here.

If the customer decided not to keep it then after you have added the second line and goods issued that you can create a a returns order. Keep in mind you will charge the customer for the over delivery and then issue them a credit based on their decision to keep it or not.

If it is within the delivery tolerences then you migh as well ignore it and fix your inventory.

Award points if useful!!

former_member294729
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear saad A,

thank you for your input.

Would you futher explain the subsequent process for the over delivery within the delivery tolerence to me.

Lin xu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well that depends on your business process and the item value.

I mean if the the delivery tolerence is 10% and you over ship 3% and the item cost $10 in total then you'd rather not go through goods issuing that quanitity. Instead you would call your warehouse and ask them to cycle count the quantity off to adjust the inventory.

If the material cost a lot then you will need to charge the customer and do the whole process I mentioned above.

Cycle counting it off wont cover the accounting side of it. You need to make sure your accounts and finances reflect correctly for big amounts,

It depends on your company policy, cost of items the quantity and your delivery tolernaces.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lin Xu

Go to 0vlp (zero), select your item category and click on magnifying lens on top. Now under the tab "Quantity", you can see a field "Check overdelivery". There if you want the system to give a warning message, maintain "A" and if you want to have error message without proceeding further, maintain "B" and save.

Now go to customer master Sales Area Data and select shipping tab. There you can see a field field "Overdeliv.Tolerance". Maintain what you want and save.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi