cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying out a scanario from mail to RFC . While configuring the sender mail adapter, I am having issues in setting up the url for picking up the mail . I have tried checking the blogs and I found imap://imapserver/XIInBox. i have tried it with my details and got a connect exception error . Please help.

Regards ,

Hemanthika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanthika,

Try pop://<server name>

Also,

Use POP3 as Transport Protocol.

Thanks,

Varun

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanthika ,

did you check these notes:

xi 3.0 mail adapter with pop3 user authentication problem

XI 3.0 Mail Adapter for POP3 may not report some errors

what XI SP do you have?

Well if you have SP9 then you have to upgrade to SP11

as it is recommended in those notes.

Reward points if Helpful

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

follow this links you will get the solution

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/07/email-reporting

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/08/email-report-as-attachment-excelword

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram ,

These blogs are for receiver adapters and only one is for sender adapter in which the url information is not there. I need information as on how to set up the url in sender mail adapter.

Regards,

Hemanthika

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use outlook express or any similar mail client, you can use the same settings.

Otherwise you have to ask someone in your company, how you can access your email server.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I used POP3 as transport protocol and pop://<server name> and I got the follwing error ,

"exception caught during processing mail message; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"

Regards,

Hemanthika