cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Webdynpro application where I am creating records in a custom table. But before creating a new record, someone should approve that. So, Iam assuming with workflow we can do this. But, I have no idea on workflow.

Could someone suggest me how to achieve this please?

Thank You,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suresh

i've experienced something like you are saying (thru WD Java).

i hope this would help you, but might be not accurate.

Typical Develop Objects you have to create:

1. WD application for applyer

2. WD application for aprover

3. Workflow template

4. Business Object

Whole workflow action and architectural overview is followings:

First, applyer action. User(applyer) access WD application for applyer. And at the end of user action(submit or so), WD application create a record in customer table with status of not approved, and calls Workflow API Function Module so called WAPI, which create events defined in business object. This event invoke the associated workflow.

Second, noticing to aprover. Workflow leads to the next step(in your case approver's task actually). The apply info is transported in the form of business object. In that step, if you're application is integrated with portal system, workflow system send a notice to approver's uwl(universal work list). Maybe this needs some settings, sorry I don't know. Somehow sending notice mail to external mail box also could be done. (maybe sap connect...

Third, aprover action. After aprover gets the notice from workflow system, he or she accesses WD application for aprover. This is achieved by url written in mail content or uwl notice itself is link to the application. You may suspect how system can detect the workflow instance(not only one apply can happen). The answer is that Url parameter has a Workitem ID that represents the workflow and its current step instance. So WD application can display appropriate apply instance and at the end of user action(aprove/deny) , WD application update the record in customer table with status of approved or denied, and calls other kind of WAPI which complete the workflow step, denied to reapplication flow or approved to workflow completion.

Cheers

Takashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Takashi,

Are you saying to use Guided Procedures? If not please give me more details on using the WAPI. Before initiating the Workflow, what should I do(with some technical details would be appreciated like what FM should I use etc).

Also, you said after approver approves I can update the data in the table. But, I dont know what data to be updated because the data was in applier apllication.

Please elaborate.

Thank You,

Suresh.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Using Web Dynpro Java and Web Dynpro ABAP Applications in Universal Work List|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-technology/wd%20java/wdjava%20archive/using%20web%20dynpro%20java%20and%20web%20dynpro%20abap%20applications%20in%20universal%20work%20list.pdf]

will be helpful

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suresh.......

you can post it in workflow forum.... moreover in your case do you want the approval to be done via web dynpro abap or workflow.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Webdynpro ABAP.