cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Elements: ToolBar with ToolBarButtons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my application i have a iview. In top of the iview i have a tool bar, which contains 5 ToolBarButtons(buttons).below the ToolBar there are several UI elements.

As the page is large, when i run the app a scrool bar is there to go to below of my iview. when i go below of the page using the scrol bar, the ToolBar & its buttons are invisble(ie the page cannot show the buttons as they are in top).If a scrool up then i can see the buttons.

I want to have the ToolBar(buttons) to visible on top even i scroll down to the end of the view.

ex: in excel if we select a row (heading) and go to window @@@> freeze pane the row, then even we scroll down the heading will remain there itself. i want similar functionality in my iview.

ie (even i scroll down the Toolbar should be visible as if in excel a heading of the table is freeze pane)

your valuble responce will be appriciated.

Thanks

Maha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scroll Container will make ur Tool Bar Visible even if u make Scroll.

Now For Eg :

In the View we Have the Tool Bar , Then we have the Scroll Container UI element In a Group. (Make the width property of group to 100%)

In the Scroll container element we can add the Ui elements.

then set the scrolling mode to Both or Auto .

Height -- 500px (height property of the scroll Container)

then we can find that the tool bar will be visible because the scroll takes place within the group and not with the Entire View .

Thanks and Regards

Fazal B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fazal Thanks for your quick responce, i will try that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fazal,

Thanks for the responce, now the buttons visible. But there now 2 scroll bars 1 is of my iview ( ie u mention) & other is the default portal iview vertical Scroll bar.

how to remove the default vertical scroll bar of the page in the portal? Is it from page properties or Iview properties of the content administration in portal

Thanks

Mahaboob Husain

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add all the Ui elements to the Scroll Container and the Height Property.

Thanks and regards

fazal b

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maha,

Try changing the "Height Type" property to FULLPAGE. You can find this under both iView and Page properties.

Try all the aletrnatives changing this property until you get what you want.

Kiran

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Place the Tool Bar as Such , Now Add the Ui elements to the Sroll Container and enable Srolling mode to "Both".

Now Give the Pixel size of the window for the height and the width Property for the scroll Container .

Thanks and Regards

Fazal B