Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM worflow installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are using MDM 5.5 SP5 client.

I need to work on workflow as per our project requirement. But in the data manager workflow table is disabled. How can i make it enable?

What software need to be installed at server side and client side apart from MS visio.

where can i get the configuration guide in service market place for the above MDM configuration...

Can anyone please help me out in proper installation.

Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you already have Microsoft Visio installed, you need to install the Visio Plugin for MDM which is included with the GUI Clients installation zip file on the service marketplace. The name is something like MDMWorkflow. Once that is installed you need to configure Visio to work with the plugin. Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/81/13f2753fa44b2f913cb69379130319/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

I hvae installed MDM workflow client. In the DM i opened the workflow table. And in the records pane i have selected a record and double clicked on the workflow property. Its giving error : "Visio Does not exist".

Do i need to install the MS visio if so where can i get the software. If its from the service market place kindly provide me the link or stpes to get it from the market place.

Or do i need to install visio-plugins as you said in your post.

Please help me out...

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to install Microsoft Visio.

This is a separate product from Microsoft. You can't get it from SAP. You need to purchase Microsoft Visio to use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First step is to purchase and install Microsoft Visio. This is a seperate product all together. After Microsoft Visio is installed, then you download the visio plug-in from the marketplace (it's bundled with the ZIP file that includes the MDM GUI tools) and install it. Then follow the link I sent you to configure the Visio plug-in to use Microsoft Visio.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For using MDM Workflows you need the following:

1. Microsoft Visio

2. MDMWorkflowInstall_Ver (available with the installables)

Information related to the MDM workflows please refer to the link below:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

Go to the Record Mode -> MDM Workflows

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to do some configuration on Visio to point to mdm workflow templates,i guess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

You have to first Install MDM Workflow client. In addition you also need Microsoft Visio to create and edit workflows.

Hope it helps

Regards

Swarna