cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Stock Posting with UD change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Masters,

Can any one explain why system is not allowing me to chage the stock posting in QA12?

I took UD as Accepted and moved stock to unrestricted. But now I found that it was mistake and I use QA12 to change UD. In QA12 system is allowing me to change UD code from "Accepted" to "Transfer To New Material" but when I go to Stock Posting tab, all fields are grey and I cant move stock to another material. System stil has stock in unrestricted stock but as fields are grey I cant move it to another material. Why system is not allowing to change stock posting but only UD code, isn't obvious that stock should be moved too if UD is changed?

Please share your experiance to find solution.

Help will be rewarded with points.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhawani,

u r expection from the system is correct, but as per my understanding UD & stock posting has following relation

1. if u hv taken UD & stock posted fully then u can not do stock posting again.

2. if UD is A & stock posted posted partly then system will automatically post bal. stock to unrestricted.

3. if UD is not A & stock posted partly then only u can change stock posting.

coming back to u r case stock posting is happened so u cant do it again, even u change UD code.

by.........

SANTOSH KAMBLE

0 Kudos

Hello Bhawani,

the problem is that you have to reverse the previous postings.

could you please take a look at note[175842|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/175842] concerning this issue.

Regards,

Isabelle

Edited by: Isabelle Britten on May 8, 2008 3:47 PM