cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints for Roles in MDM Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I want to restrict the user to be seen with the values in the selected lookup value.

1. I created a role with 2 users.

2. By selecting the role., I clicked Tables and Fields

3. There are 3 columns Name, Access and Constraints..

Here is the question..

I could'nt able to select the constraint for a lookup table... (For some fields I could and for some I could'nt)

I tried unloading the repository too., and I could'nt select the values from the constraint column for certain lookup table.

Can anyone help out on this?

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe the table you want with a constraint is in used also in a qualified table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UR.

Thanks for your reply. I got this answer sometimes ago and forgot to close the question.

Yes, if the table is referenced to more than one qualified table, then constraint roles cannot be set for it

Thanks

Bala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balachandar,

Records which you want to visible and accessible can be applied to the selected role with the help of constraints.

Constraints can be used for the Masks table and some lookup tables (those referenced by at least one single-valued lookup field and no multivalued lookup fields), you can specify the set of masks or lookup values that should be visible and accessible for that role.

Note: Constraints enabled when a field from main table is look up to Single-valued lookup subtable( say Flat table, Hierarchy table, Taxonomy table) but not multivalued lookup table(e.g. Qualified Flat etc) except Masks and Named Searches table for which you dnt need to lookup from main table.

i mean if you create sub table say Flat table with name "XYZ" for this is constraint enabled or visible only if a field from main table is look up to this sub table "XYZ" with option Multivalued NO

Even constraints is not available for object tables (Images, Text Blocks, PDFs, etc)

Hope it helps you,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep.

Thanks for your reply..

I have a Flat lookup table with the Multivalued "NO". But still I could'nt select the constraint for the role.

I could see this constraint column is enabled for some repository and for some it is not

Also Im doing this constraint check in MDM7.1.

Could you let me know what could be the reason for this?

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Your main table field, which is looking up to this table, should not be multivalued. Please check if this is ok.

Regards,

Dheeraj.