cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC receiver Adapter can't connect to database anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using a communication channel that used to be working a few days ago. Now It is telling me that: "Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL". The URL is correct, I set it manually each day because the name resolution doesn't work, but it wasn't as well when the channel worked.

CPA Cache refresh doesn't have any effect.

Routing is ok.

SXMB_MONI says: general error

ERROR-Category Message

Where could be the connection problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto JDBC communication channel -> Advance mode -> Set -> Disconnect from the database after processing each message

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

no success yet. Is there a way to simply reset the channel?

I treid in CC-Monitoring to start and stop but the error message can still be seen. I would like to totally reset that channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw the audit protocoll in channel moni says: "JDBC-Adapter-Receiverchannel CC_RFCtoJDBC_JDBC not initialised. Processing impossible because of null". How do I initialise the channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Does it happen after a system restart (either XI or remote database) ? I've faced similar issues when our XI systems were restarted (so JDBC channels too) while remove databases were down (for backup) ... It is a bug in our XI3.0 (fixed in SPS > 20 I think) that occurs when adapter checks for corresponding database availability and then gets stuck after too many retries ...

There is a workaround that can be used to handle such situation : set lazyConnection = true in the adapter's advanced properties ... Thus, when starting jdbc adapter, it won't check corresponding connection to reach its final status (green)

Hope this helps

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

I can't find that option in the communication channel -> advanced. Or what do you mean by in the adapter? Is this a option, that only the integration servers admin can do?

thanks.

Edited by: Daniel Gerne on May 8, 2008 4:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe's theory seems possible to me, because the channel won't become green anymore. But I need more detailed instructions where this lazyconnection option is, please.

thank you so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

JDBC will come green at the first successfully processed message (meaning database has been made available before this msg) ... For more info, have a look at OSS note 1012393 and OSS note 831162 (answer #26)

PS : to set this setting, you will have to "write" it explicitely in the advanced settings tab (lazyConnection in the left col, true in the right col)

Hope this helps

Chris

Edited by: Christophe PFERTZEL on May 8, 2008 8:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the lazyConnection Option didn't work either. It's still not initialised: null.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

We had to restart the whole XI JDBC adapter service (or even the whole J2EE I can't remember) because the adapter channel was "frozen" due to this issue ... But since, we've never faced it again

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

so creating a new CC won't help either?

Former Member
0 Kudos

so it is working again. Bit I didn't change a thing. So I think someone at the server's administration did a adapter reset. So Christophe's theory was correct. thank you for that.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1) goto system administration -> system configuration -> system landscape

here goto portal content and create your own folder.

goto your folder right click and slect system from template.

and give the required information and save it the system appears on the portal content under your folder.

2) now right click on the system goto connection properties

connection url: enter your jdbc url.

driver class name: enter your drive class name.

save it. no need of validate connection to set yes let it be no.

3) the in property category choose user management,

here you select admin,user in the drop down list.

save it.

4) go back to your system and right click and select system alias

and give any name.

5)now navigate to user administration

here enter the user name inwhich you have logged in now.

say you have logged in with xyz who has system admin rights.

now in identity management enter xyz and select him and press modify

her you select user mapping from the selection tab.

here select your alias name

and enter mapped user name : say abcuser( which is given to you)

and enter mapped password: say adcpass( which is given to you)

and save it.

now

goto system administration -> system configuration -> system landscape nad goto portal content and navigate to your folder and select your system and right click and select connection test.

now select the check mark and press test button it will work properly.

see https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/JDBCConnectionSetup for the

proper connection urls.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/ef362dc57b1e46aa6f445ec6247103/frameset.htm

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/JDBCConnectionSetup

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webservices/how%20...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6209b52e-0401-0010-6a9f-d40ec3a0...

reward points if found helpfull

regards

chandra.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Refer similar type of thread:

[|]

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.