cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in unit testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are implementing ECC 6.0 through solution manager. WE have assinged one stand-alone system as evaluation system and development client as Development system in solution manager. WE have generated Blue-print through solution manager and done some configuration also through solution manager. We are trying to test Unit Testing through solution manager.

When we are trying to create a test plan, the system is automatically looking for "Quality Assurance System" in transaction STWB_2. But we want to do Unit Testing in Development System and Integration Testing in Quality Assurance system. We have four servers and we have defined our SAp landscape as follows

1) SAndbox

2) Development

3) Quality

4) Production

We have one client In each server. If we have to do unit testing in Development client, we have to assign DEV client as "Quality Assurance System" in solution manager. But we are not able to assign this role to DEvelopment client as the same is already assigned the role of "Customizing". Please suggest the solution for the following

1) Whether we can use the same Client i.e. Development client for configuration as well as for unit testing through solution manager ?

2) If we can do, how to assign the system roles to the same client i.e. for Development Client ?

3) If we somehow assign the role of "Test" to Development client for Unit Testing, Can we assign the role of "Test" to our quality also later for integration testing?

Please suggest us the solution for the above problems.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Vineeth,

First of all, I appreciate your elaborate way of framing the question. That itself helps others to comment.

On the first two questions, I am sure you'll be able to follow the answers provided and take care of your concerns.

On your question 3), an additional piece of information that should bring smile to you

Whether the Test is to happen in DEV or QAS or whatever 'System Role' is dependent on the Test Plan.

So, if you have two distinct Test Plans, one for Unit Tests and the other for Integration Tests, which should be the case, as usual, you can certainly point the System Role to DEV or QAS as required.

Feel free to pose any other query as well.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks a lot for ur reply. Yesterday was weekly-off for us. I could not open the forum.

We are trying to link Development client to two roles i.e. "Customizing " as well as "Test". But somehow we are not able to do that. I am not a basis consultant. When i try to assign the development client to Quality Assurance System in project landscape, i am not able to select anything as everything is grey there.

I have even tried to assign with t-code SMSY. There also i am not able to do and i could even see the path given in the 1st reply i got in the forum

CAn u help me out on this?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Vineeth,

I am, unfortunately, not an expert on SMSY. You should actually seek the help of a BASIS person on this, in my humble view, unless you plan to read a bit more on SMSY in terms of RFC connections and a few other aspects (e.g. if an SLD is in use, you may like to inherit the content into SMSY than maintaining it manually).

I'll post here any other link/ knowledge I find. But, to my knowledge, it's best bet to catch hold of a technical person, even for 1/2 a day.

Best wishes,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

1) YES, you can use the same client for configuration as well as for unit testing through solution manager.

2) Go to transaction SMSY, goto "system groups and logigal components", goto "logical component", click on your logical component, assign the same client to the system role, save

3) you can either change the role in smsy like described in 2) later on or you create another logical component

hope it helps

art