cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UD for production order quality inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have activated inspection 04 for a material and after GR it has been inspected and found ok. at the UD stage we are keeping the stock directly as unristricted stock and it is figuring in the inventory.but still phisically the material is not moved to the stores. so the system shows excess inventory though it is not recieved phisically.

I heard that there is some way where in which during UD or after UD we can control the mateiral to be placed in stores by the stores person directly .

Is there any special transaction to keep the stock in to unristriced after inspection but not in the UD stage.

please suggest

regards

madan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. As you have suggested i would like to try using user status. but please suggest

me based on what i can control.

i have one more option in mind if it is correct please suggest. during UD i will keep the material in blocked stock . and then the stores person will do transfer posting in MIGO using 643 movement type to unristricted stock. Is it the right way to do . please suggest.

regards

madan

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it should not be kept in blocked normally. Blocked stock is not 'seen' by MRP and ATP as available stock while QI and unrestricted normally are. (This can be influenced by config and QI can be excluded to if you choose). Besides, when receipted how would you receive it to blocked stock?

I'm not sure what you mean by what you can control on. SAP has a specfic note on available on using user status to block stock postings without a UD. I would use this note to set up your user status. When setting up the user statuses you can assign them a user group and then you assign the users to the appropriate user group.

I think your best served by using the standard process SAP allows you to do. Post the material to QI stock. Have the inspectors or lab people do the UD. Have the stores people do the stock posting via QA12 or QA33 worklist when the material physically arrives at the stores location. Use the standard SAP note for user status to prevent stock posting prior to UD. Theh only thing not really explained is assigning the security via the user groups to the user status. But that's not to difficult to figure out from the help and by expermenting a bit.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm a bit confused. But if I interpret what you said...

Material is GR and a stock relevant quality inspection lot is created. It sounds though as if you have the indicator "post to QI" off in the material master inspection type setup so that the material is going right to unrestricted inventory and not QI. In this manner it appears to the stores people that they have the material on hand, when in fact, it is still being inspected. You want the stores people to be able to put-away this material so they know it is physically in the stores area.

The simplest thing that I can suggest is to turn on the "post to QI" stock so that when stores looks at inventory, they'll see the material is in the quality inspection. If you want, have the quality people make the UD without posting the stock. Then have the stores people do the stock posting in the UD screen when they receive the material. You can use the user status to prevent stock postings until a UD is done and you can also use the user statuses to prevent the stores people from making the actual UD. They can only do the stock posting.

This should give you the visibility you want while still allowing the QC people to make the decision on the UD. And allow the stores people to post the material.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madan,

Can you please explain what problem you are facing?

Regards,

mallikharjunrao_thota
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing the UD just go to the tab batch status and check wherether unrestricted stock is selected there or not , I hope this solves your problem , let me know further clarifications required .

Regards,

Mallikharjun.