cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum...,

How do i assign Signature Strategy to the Document status..

P.S: Useful answer will be awarded.

Regards,

Vijay.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

for processing with digital signature follow the path in SAP IMG.

spro>cross application components>document management-->approval

1) Define Authorization group : u need to define authorization group so that u can use while creating individual signatures.

2)Define Individual Signature : create atleast 2 new entries which will define individual signatures.

3)Define signature strategy : new entries.

a)give one name for signature strategy with description

(optional) and save.

b)in the same window select the entered signature

strategy and click on assign individual signatures on

left hand side to assign signatures.

c)assign atleast 2 signatures which u created in step 2.

4)save and come to previous/main window.

5)select the signature strategy and click on the signatures button on right hand side which is on top of Release and set ur sequence of signatures required while approving.

6)after setting repeat d same proces as 6 and select Release as required for requirement of signatures while releasing DIRs.

7)ur signature strategy is set for use.

Further in DC10 go to required Doc type, click on define document status, and in particular doc status set maintain Status type as Locked(S), maintain content version under attributes and at SignStat select the created Signature Strategy which u created.

everytime whenevr u want to assign digital signature, along wit signature strategy, attributes must be set to content version and status type must be Locked

Create DIR and at particular status where u have set signature strategy, system wil ask for digital signature,if any warning msg cums in yellow thn pls enter and ur digital signature window will appear whr u can proceed further.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj..,

Thank you for your response..

i have done configuration part..but while i'm selecting the Doc status as Digital sign..and wen i press ENT m getting error like

'Current digital signature process has been terminated'

Plz temme,What are the necessary config steps tht i hav to do apart from wat u said earlier

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

This error is due to non-availability of authorization for digital signature.

You need to ask you basis support people to provide access for authorization object C_SIGN_BGR to the user name under which you are doing this digital signature.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manoj...

U solved my problem...

Thank You

Regards,

Vijay.G

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

with the help of BASIS I have assigned the Authorization object C_SIGN_BGR to the user name .

But I am still getting the same error....... do we need to do some thing after the assignment........

We have also tried with SAP_ALL with the user but still no luck.........

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check your auths by just typing /nsu53 after u get program terminated warning...

This may not be ony wrt C_SIGN_BGR

if you have used user A for 1 digital sign and trying to use for the same id for second sign for same DIR then it might terminate..

Niranjan

Let me know if it Helps !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know the logic that why "attributes must be set to content version and status type must be Locked" and even after maintaining that in my test system i am not able to process for my digital signature.

System is generating the error message as " Document not archived (content version not possible)"

Could anyone suggest any solution.

Regards,

N

Former Member

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

define the signture statategy

in spro

cross application component-document managemtnsystem-approval--define sign strategy.

define the strategy here,

the go to dc10 , select doc type and define doc status.

at the bottom select signature stategy. for that status and maintain that status type as s

regards,

nitin

award point if useful