cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in nwds connection to j2ee engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed NWDS on a system and connected to the remote server .I gave the details of the J2ee in the prefernces and it is working fine for a long time.But from a couple of days it is loosing the connection frequently.When I try to deploy application it is showing.SDM host is empty .Please configure it prperly.But I mentioned the SDM host and SDM port no.

After some trails like restarting the server and removing the .metadata folder and restart my system on which nwds is installed it is working.

it happened 3 to 4 times in 2 days.

Dont know the exact reason.It is killing my time.Can anybody give any clue about it.

Thanx and regards,

Rajesh.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no such problem in NWDS.Please verify your settings before deploying application.You can do this by going to J2EE Engine window and check if all your host settings are showing GREEN symbol.If it's so,you can go ahead with deployment.

More over, if you are facing this issue again and again,please try re installing your NWDS and configure your J2EE settings again,

Regards,

amit bagati

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The error ."SDM host is empty .Please configure it prperly." occurs only when you are providing the wrong password. Please check whether the remote server on which you are deploying is running properly. If it is running, please check the sdm password.

regards,

pinki

Edited by: pinki goswami on May 8, 2008 6:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pinki,

The remote server is working fine when it is throwing the message

Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

And coming to other case wrong SDM password.....................before the SDM password input prompt itself it is throwing the message.

And I said earlier with some trails like restrating the server and removing the .metdata file and rerstarting the nwds it is working fine.

Any more clues

Thanx and regards,

Rajesh

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

the problem you are refering has nothing to do with your NWDS..

Whenever you got the problem SDM host is empty. just go into your J2EE ENGINE view and refresh it.

and if you are able to see everything is running fine then deploy your application.

Check at your server side..nothing wrong with your nwds...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Some time SDM password expires you need to resetup again.

problem with metadata folder it seems that u need to reinstall the NWDS.

let me know if u face any issues again

award points if helpful

close the thread if "problem solved"

Thanks

regards

vijai