Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX search 500 Connection timed out

former_member245887
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When executing a search on a repository in entreprise portal (7.0, SP13), I get http error 500 Connection timed out. This only occurs with certain indexes (on certain web repositories).

Complete error message:

500 Connection timed out

Error: -5

Version: 7000

Component: ICM

Date/Time: Thu May 8 11:09:04 2008

Module: icxxthr_mt.c

Line: 2646

Server: morsua019_ED2_01

Error Tag: {-}

Detail: Connection to partner timed out after 900s

In some rare cases I get a search result after waiting quite some time, but before timeout.

On other indexes (of the same size) I get almost instantaneously a search result.

When I do the same search (for which the timeout occured in EP) in the corresponding index in the TREX Administration console, TREX returns result within a few millisecs or ± 500 millisecs, depending on whether I specify search language or not.

Searching for TREX performance problems I found OSS Note 1144297, which I implemented, without any improvement.

When I activate the tracing and then check trace file TrexWebServer.trc, the time between "received header variables =" and "received ticket =" is less than 1 msec in most cases.

Anyone any idea why I get that timeout in EP when searching certain indexes (repositories)?

Regards

Edmond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member245887
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem was caused by Security manager on repository. After removing security manager TREX returned results within an acceptable time.

Regards

edmond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have encountered the same error. The client mentioned all users affected with the time out error. I ran the search script as administrator on the portal and i could see the error message saying that TREX service is down. I have restarted the TREX service and the problem no longer exist.

If all users affected then i guess you could start the investigation from TREX.

Just wanna share my experience.