cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No host available all connections down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Have recently had to re-install xMII on a test server and have since then when trying to login remotely recieved the "No host available, all connections down" error message. Login via the server is not possible either as the "localhost" location just produces a page not found error. trying to login to the security manager remotely does produce the login page - but doesn't accept the username and password configured during setup.

I have read note 939130 and all IIS and Folder security settings seem to be correct, annonymous login etc. have all been enabled.

Anyone seen this problem before - several re-installs have produced the same result ?

Thanks,

Emmett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emmett,

Are you sure your services are running? Is this 11.5 or 12?

If 11.5, make sure IIS and ServerletExex services are running properly at the OS level. If so, make sure within IIS that the website itself is actually started.

The basics I know, but it's the place to start.

Cheers,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

No such luck im afraid all services, IIS admin, HHTP, Web Publishing etc. and the actual website are all up and going.

Sorry - xMII 11.5

Emmett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Let's keep going with the basics then.

You're ServletExecc service is running - can we logon to the Servlet Admin:

Start -> All Programs -> New Atlanta -> ServletExec 5.0 AS -> ServletExex Admin logon as admin and whatever you set as the password during installation.

1) Check the license - make sure it was installed correctly

2) Check the VM Settings - you should be running JRE 1.4.2_13 (current recommended version by SAP)

If you can check these at all, then the ServletExec is running underneath.

In IIS, for the Lighthammer webpage:

1) Check the Logical Path in the home directory tab - <drive>:
inetpub\wwwroot should be there as the value

2) Under Web service extensions, in IIS, the ServletExec service should be listed there and set to Allowed.

In the filesystem, I'm assuming that under <drive>:
inetpub\wwwroot you see there:

1) Illuminator

2) Lighthammer CMS

Sorry for the basics Emmett - this product is such a building block strategy - you gotta start from the ground up. I know you've done some work already there.

Cheers,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Servlet exec is obviously the root of my problem as i cannont login into either from the server or remotely - though it is present as a server and has started.

On your other questions

In IIS, for the Lighthammer webpage:

1) Check the Logical Path in the home directory tab - <drive>:
inetpub\wwwroot should be there as the value - yes

2) Under Web service extensions, in IIS, the ServletExec service should be listed there and set to Allowed. - yes

In the filesystem, I'm assuming that under <drive>:
inetpub\wwwroot you see there:

1) Illuminator - yes

2) Lighthammer CMS - yes

Java console is 1.4.2_17 - though older version also preduced the current error after install ?