cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while transporing OSS notes from DEV (Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are facing problems while importing the SAP notes in the production system.

The transport request contains SAP notes Note # 887656,981763,1046758,1062383.

We apply these notes in development system successfully. These notes are locked in the single transport request & we transport it to production system.

While transporting this request to production system it ends with the error code 8.

After going through the logs we came to know that the OSS note 981763 is already implemented in the production server on 7 Feb 07 which is valid from Nov 2006. Where as we apply this note in development system on 22 Apr 08 which is valid from 08 Jan 08.

Now in this case please suggest us the solution to resolve this issue.

######################################

Main import

Transport request : UBDK900930

System : UBP

tp path : tp

Version and release: 370.00.01 700

Start import LIMUREPSJ_1IEWT_CERT ...

R3TRPROGJ_1IEWT_CERT was repaired in this system

LIMUREPSJ_1IEWT_CERT was not imported in this step

Start import LIMUREPSJ_1IEWT_CERT_F01 ...

R3TRPROGJ_1IEWT_CERT_F01 was repaired in this system

LIMUREPSJ_1IEWT_CERT_F01 was not imported in this step

Start import LIMUREPSJ_1IEWT_CERT_TOP ...

R3TRPROGJ_1IEWT_CERT_TOP was repaired in this system

LIMUREPSJ_1IEWT_CERT_TOP was not imported in this step

Start import R3TRCINS01200314691 0000518135 ...

R3TRCINS01200314691 was repaired in this system

R3TRCINS01200314691 0000518135 was not imported in this step

R3TRNOTE0000981763 was repaired in this system

R3TRNOTE0000981763 was not imported in this step

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin,

It looks like objects you're trying to import in your production server have been repaired in this system (meaning they've been changed by applying notes straight in it or custom changes were made in them)

I'd suggest to check the version management for all these objects, make sure those repairs have been released (even in local requests).

When you import your request again, you can select import option "overwrite originals", this would avoid such errors (it will restart the import for the last failed step using those options) ! There is another option, which I do not recommend (no sure about its label) : ignore open repairs (or similar) that is used to import objects that are contained in unreleased requests (caution !!!)

BUT PLEASE, MAKE ALL REQUIRED VERIFICATIONS & ANALYSIS BEFORE USING THOSE "ADVANCED" IMPORT OPTIONS (and make sure backups are available too)

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. You are correct the Objects was locked in local request. I resolve this problem by releasing that request.

Thanks,

Sachin Sable