cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS module conversion - xml.fieldSeparator as empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Is it possible to have xml.fieldSeparator as an empty string ai. making the fieldseperator equals to nothing?

The reason for this is that im making a file with fixedlength records. All fields are populated in the mapping.

I know about xml.fieldFixedLengths, but my structure is so complex that I have no idea on how to use this, and also it is alot of extra work if I could just use an empty fieldseperator!

Regards Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

check this as well, '0x00' (with quotes). even if u pass such separators, I doubt if you get the desired result. Imagine if the values are not having the expected size of the field.

for ex. if the expected field size is 10 and if the size of the actual value is 4.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

How about using space instead of an empty string, you can do that passing the values as,

xml.fieldSeparator='0x20'

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the message is fixedlength, I can not use space. Sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

'0x00' is for Null, u can try that.

also, check my previous msg, redg the fixedlength.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu.

You where right. It didnt work, but not because of field lengths. The adapter sure enough put in the null character, but it corrupts the file. In most text editors I've opened the result file, the character is interpretated into a space.

It seems like I have to go for the xml.fieldFixedLengths and try to figure out how this works with multible substructures

Alot of work that could have been spared if you where able to insert an empty character as a fieldseperator.

Thanx for the help anyway!