cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have applied patches succesfully, I have questions that I have to do something with Spau and spdd, if yes what are the steps to do that? One more thing is that after applying patches if we enter any t code it takes time to compile( first time) can I avoid this because when we apply in production server, the users will be impatient. Please help me.

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What patches are you applaing ?? I'm think you mean Support Packages ? If yes in SPAM check all is green? Also in menu tab "system" --> "status" --> magnifier , check the SP level for components wich you are update. Yes you can "avoid this" go to T-code SGEN and regenerate all t-codes for this components are you update (like BASIS or BW for example).

But its programm uses main memory and processor resurse (and time) the best way are run it on nigth, but before check the conditions of tablespace and extend it if required (this programm creates the writes in DB and tablespace can will be filled during performance). Regards. Award if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I thought that spau and spdd are used after applying support packages, just want to know that will it create any uncontrollable issues, Now i have applied patches in the quality server and working fine, going to apply in production server, what all precautions i have to take. what i am doing is checking in the quality server the daily work done by user.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just ask your developers do they have any changes to standard sap programs.If not then u can just relax there is no problem if they have made the changes then now i think u have make the changes again .

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPAU and SPDD should be used while applying the support packages if you u want to prevent the custom changes to sap standard objects You have to run this tocdes before abap screen generation phase.As you have already applied the patches it is not needed.Yeah all the reports would be regenerated once again once u apply support pacakges.You can avoid this by running SGEN tocde.But this takes lot of time may long for 8-9 hrs.So its on ur own patience to run this.This should not be any problem.

Regards,

Vamshi.