cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring UWL for MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on an EP MDM scenario where i have to configure a UWL for MDM. Can anybody please provide me with the step by step details of how to perform this task??

Is the procedure different for Custom MDM repositories??

Also, do i need to work on Guided Procedures for this??

Please help me out at the earliest as it is very urgent!!!

Useful answers will surely be rewarded.

Thanks,

Becky.

Edited by: Becky Joseph on May 8, 2008 5:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Please follow the below steps:

1. Deploy the SCAs available with the MDM Installables in the Portal Content and JAVA API on the portal.

2. Restart the Portal Server.

3. Create the MDM System with system alias and User mapping and test the connection with the MDM System.Assign the main table name in the Tables with Workflows property of the System.

4. Search for the eu role and assign it to the user

5. Go to the System Administration -> Support -> Portal Runtime -> Application Console. Select the com.sap.netweaver.bc.UWL from the drop down list and there you will get the option of refresh.Also below that there will be two restart options do all these things.

6. Again select com.sap.MDM.UWL from the drop down list and refresh and restart it.

7. Go to the System Administration -> System Configuration and select the Universal Worklist from the Detailed navigation pane.

8. Create the new Universal Worklist System and assign the System Alias of the system that you have created previously and select the connector type as MDMUWLConnector.

9. Deactivate and Activate again to clear the Cache.

10 . Your Workflow records should be visible in the Work role created after assigning the eu role to the user.

Also refer to the below document for better picture

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/771f1a61-0e01-0010-daa9-93a52905da09]

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Jitesh for the quick response.

What all functionalities will be available by following these steps??

When do we go for Guided Procedures then?? I am not very clear when do we have to implement GP for configuring WFs.

Also is there any option in MDM Item Details iViews while creating a record where the value of a particular attribute gets set automatically??

Like if we have to provide 'Material Id', we dont have to enter it, it gets created automatically?? How to perform this??

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By following the given steps you can perform the operations on the workflow running in the repository through portal.

Guided Procedures is the another approach for bringing MDM Workflows on portal.

All the MDM iViews avaialble provides just the view at the backend its the MDM functionality only that gets executed.

E.g. If you want to populate Material ID field dynamically you should make it Auto ID or you have to create some login in MDM side only.But Customization is possible using JAVA API.

You can use the EPCF Eventing on the Item details iView that calls the Customization code written in Web Dynpro using JAVA APIs which populates the Material ID field depending on the logic required.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Here we are not creating the workflow in MDM, it has to be done through EP only.

So, it can be through UWL configuration?

i followed the steps that you told, but in the document we have to make some changes in the xml file. can u tell me what it is??

i am still confused as to what all to do exactly.

please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

UWL is just the way through which you can operate the MDM workflows.But the workflows has to be created in MDM only.

No need to update the xml it does automatically if the SCAs deployed are proper.

When we integrate portal with MDM it just changes the UI but the functionality remains the same i.e. of MDM.

Hope you get some idea

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, does it mean that WFs have to be first created in MDM through Visio and then UWL has to be configured in EP??

Then will record creation be possible through EP, bcoz for creating WFs we need to have alredy existing records in MDM??

Is there any other way to implement Workflows in EP??

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are absolutely right that first workflows need to be created in the Visio and can be run using UWL.

When SCAs have been deployed on the portal there are few iViews available for performing different MDM operations like Item Details iView that allows you to create,edit and delete the records exists in MDM, Search iViews for performing searching operations, Result set iView etc.

So you can create the workflow from the portal only through these iViews but the thing is ultimately its MDM's logic only that executes all the functionalities.

Refer to the below link for portal content related information

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/c87d0243e56f75e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Other way of bringing MDM on to the portal is by using MDM Java APIs.There are classes and methods available which can be used to bring the desired functionality of MDM Components on the portal.It needs lots of Custom development.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to elearning section for MDM ,it has got screenshots for how to do it.

Answers (0)