cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN33: how to assign same bom to several network activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

When i use CN33 try to assign same bom to everal network activities, then system response:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Reference fields of selected activities are not unique

Message no. CN158

Diagnosis

Network activities were determined for the selection criteria you entered. At least two activities with the same reference field 1301 exist:

Network/activity 904072 /0010

Network/activity 904074 /0010

System Response

The reference fields in the selected activities must be unique.

Procedure

Check whether the reference fields in the networks are unique.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So how to batch update network activities which using same one bom ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What could be the business purpose of assigning the same BOM to different activities in a project.

It seems that the same BOM is used multiple times to complete the proj..

Based on certain assumptions I suggest the following:

- A single BOM with header as finished product(assuming that finished product need not be transferred to differnt activities)

- The bom that needs to be transferred to different activities needs to be repeated under the header BOM as many times as it is to be transferred.

- Different refernce points to be given.Corresponding ref points to activities.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think u are looking at something as mentioned below

FOr exmaple if u have 2 networks as mentioned below and want to assign same BOM to boh the activites.

1. 98193 /0010

2. 98194/0020

In CN33 , instead of the giving Project or WBS....input Network No. 98193 and do BOM transfer.

Now repeat the same for second network i.e. 98194

Reward points if helful.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have to assign same bom to several network activities then you must assign reference points to activities like this.And if in your current scenario you are using production (P)

fabrication(F) and assembly(A)

987645/010

987645/020

987645/030.

If activiyies are connected with production ,fabrication and assembly.Then u can assign reference points as 010-P, 020F and 030---A .

But before that MM guys to assign materials as production for P and like that.

this might help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your business requirement permits, you can double the quantity in BOM and assign to single activity.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the biz can not be that simple.