cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System proposed supply from Old Vendor when executing Quota Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

When executing the quota heuristics for materials, we have a scenario wherein Purchase requisition are proposed in the invalid Vendor.

We have created a new Quota Arrangement for a certain Material. We now have a new Vendor which have 100% Quota Percentage. It was created last 04.04.2008. We did not delete the Old Quota Arrangement with the old Vendor as this was set to expire on the same date 04.04.2008.

Now we have the system proposing to the old Vendor upon executing the Quota Heuristics with warning Message "Order 3350151/10 with source (Old Vendor) created late on 09.06.2008 01:18:59; desired date 28.03.2008 00:16:03".

May I know what this warning Message means?

Any comment is welcome!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It looks like your required date for the material in question is to have it ordered on 28.03.2008 due to leadtime scheduling, therefore this will fall into the validity dates of your old scheduling agreement. However, for some reason when rescheduling the order to meet actual dates (09.06.2008) it does not change the vendor to the new one but maintains the valid vendor for the required shipment date rather than the new vendor for the rescheduled date.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ian,

Many thanks for the response. Any idea how to get this scenario not to reoccur again.

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond

To be honest, I am not really sure as I have not come across this before and would have thought the system would have tried to propose the new vendor or at least given you an error stating invalid vendor based on dates.

However, if you no longer require this vendor to plant/customer relationship, maybe you could change the transportation leadtime on the transportation lane to 1 day or similar? Then the system should see this as an invalid date an not propose this vendor?

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for the advise. I willl try that in the system and see in the nect planning run.

Best Regards,

Raymond

Answers (0)