Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare composite roles at single role level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a report that can display (compare) two composite roles showing their single roles and where they differ?

Phil.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do role comparison using report RSUSR050

This can also be done in SUIM.

Rakesh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do role comparison using report RSUSR050

This can also be done in SUIM.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, I've been using S_BCE_68001777 but this does not give me single roles, and when I try to use RSUSR050, I get a this transaction does not exist error.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

RSUSR050 is run using SA38 Tcode, but the tcode you have mentioned S_BCE_68001777 and RSUSR050 are same.

When you compare two composite role then the roles within it get automatically compared.

If this doesnt work then

1.Compare the single roles which are in the composite role(Table AGR_AGRS gives the roles within composite role).

2. Manual comparison is one possible way.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Rakesh is right on the procedure!

Just a question to your original question, why would you want to compare the single roles within a composite role?

Composite roles are meant to be containers for single roles. It is but obvious that no 2 Composite roles will be having the same single roles!

When using S_BCE_68001777 / report RSUSR050 for composite roles, it clubs the objects and values together for all the roles contained within it, and performs the compare. It does not perform a compare of single role to single role as it will never contain the same set of single roles, it compares object to object! and to think logically, SAP would never be able to differentiate which object would belong to which role, as objects will be duplicated across roles.

As Rakesh said, if you want to compare the single roles within composite roles, then you can check the composite role definition in AGR_AGRS and use SUIM (or the above report, the same!) for compare.

Hope this clarifies

Thank you

Abhishek

0 Kudos

The request for this functionality was from "management", why they wanted it, your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to reply.

Phil.

0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh for your help. Hopefully this will satisfy the manager who requested this function.

Kind regards,

Phil.

PS. this is my first time on this forum, how do I mark this topic closed?