cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Shipping Notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SRM 4.0 in an extended classic mode.

My questions revolve around the creation on an Advanced Shipping Notification (BUS2231) in EBP. From previous threads I gathered that the ASN capability is meant to be utilized in plan driven procurement scenario where you have SUS connected to MM. I also gathered that when you have a scenario where SUS is connected to EBP that ASN's are not supported. Are both of these statements true?

We currently do NOT have SUS installed. We are hesitant to pursue implementing SUS as we do not need the bidding or auctioning functionality. The major attraction of SUS for us would be for purchase order acknowledgements and advanced shipping notifications. However, we feel there is significant overhead by implementing SUS just so we can determine if the purchase order has been received and when it is being shipped. So, my question is this... is there a way to create an ASN in EBP from a batch process? In other words, if we were to receive a file from UPS for example and that file had the information we needed for an ASN could we create an ASN by utilizing an existing function call in EBP? For example I have found function module BBP_PD_SUSASN_CREATE, could this be utilized to create an ASN document?

Best regards,

Shawn O'Connor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn O'Connor,

I afraid that there is not standard interface defined for your requirement. The function module you mentioned is responsible or creating the ASN when data comes from SUS end. You will have to create your own interface and implement the file handling procedure and convert the data so that you can input in to BBP_PD_SUSASN_CREATE method.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Pradeep. I figured that's what i would need to do. Is anyone currently using this function? How are other experts handling client requirements for shipping status? Is there another way to accomplish this that is more standard functionality?

Best regards,

Shawn O'Connor