cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send messages from IS to AE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting 401 Unauthorized error in "Call Adapter" of the IS pipeline its a simple FIle-to-File scenario. I did search on the SDN but unable to find a answer. The user "PIISUSER" is not locked, I checked in SU01 transaction. The J2EE port mentioned is also correct.

Error:

URL: http://XISERVER:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

USER: PIISUSER

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>401</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>Unauthorized</SAP:P2>

Thanks for the help in advance.

Sarvesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are XI (both IS and BS systems) SICF activated (/sap/xi/*) ... They also need to have the necessary authentication methods configured in order to work properly.

You can also get more info by checking ICM traces (SMICM tcode) in all involved systems

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

One my colleague has pointed me in the right direction.

I solved it by deleting the AE cache in "SXI_CACHE", then reset the PIISUSER password in ABAP stack and updated the PIISUSER password in Exchange profile of "XI Home -> Administration -> Runtime -> Exchange Profile -> Integration Sever -> com.sap.aii.integrationserver.serviceuser.pwd" .

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below link this might give u some pointer.

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

chriag

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whats the client for XI on which the IS is configured?

check the users on both the base client and also on the client.....check on the UME configuration on the J2ee engine which user it is mapped to and check the user (XI*) all of them should be unclock

goto the ABAP Stack, open table usr02 and check which is locked...i hope some user is locked.....and also try restarting it....only the PIAFWRUSER should push the message....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the usr02 table and none of the users are locked.

How do I check if the users are locked in the Java stack?

How do I reset the PIISUSER password so that ABAP and Java stack are maintained correctly?

Thanks

Sarvesh

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

Go the index page of your WAS and there under the 'User management' link you can check if the user-id is locked or not.

Thanks

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No PIISUSER is not locked. I don't see any "Assigned Roles" in the UME how can I set these roles, I do see the user roles in ABAP stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you want to send a message from RWB. For that instead of adapter Engine, select Integration engine, go to test message and give your XI username and pwd.

there , you will get the URL as : http://gda.na.pg.com:8011/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Try it once and let me know.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to send messages from Adapter Engine (AE) to Integration Server (IS). But IS is not able to send the message to AE, how can I fix this?

Thanks

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

just chk that

ur user PIRWBUSER is not locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

PIRWBUSER is not locked.