cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESA & Customizing (ESA as a platform for the customizing tasks)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Being customizing a repetitive task for the consultants as well as a task with a high % of standards process and with a high probability of adjustments in some of them, it fits the picture for a good ROI in deployment of a ESA Platform.

We have been working in that area and would like to know SAP steps in that direction.

Best Regards

Luis Rincones

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis~

Best handled through Solution Manager. If you are looking at an alternative for a small part of SPRO (if you are indeed referring to that), an application that leverages guided procedured could be built that is driven by webdynpros replicating the SPRO individual screens and guides your consultants through these repetitive steps. But in my opinion, this is an esoteric exercise and does not warrant the need for such an application or ESA.

Thank you and best regards

Kartik Iyengar~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kartik thanks for your kind response and the opportunity to talk about this idea.

I see the Solution Manager as one of the tools needed to implement the configuration services that I have in mind. I am not looking to save only configuration time, I am looking to make the whole process more productive.

What I am looking for is not just a configuration tool. I think in terms of business process and configuration is just one more Business Process. For example a GUI model representing the cost model implemented in a customer site, if supported by a Service platform, should facilitate the analysis and simulation of the cost model and will guide the configuration and developing efforts needed to adapt the business process to the changes the cost model needs overtime.

In short the Business Proces Model used to help the organization reach its goal should have a Business Configuration (and development) model to help in the flexibility needed for ESA in particular for the ROI.

Again thanks for your kind response it helps me in trying to download my crazy ideas from my mind to the forum.