cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer no longer accessible

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been using VC, but today when I tried to start it up I got the following error:

404 Not Found SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.10 / AS Java 7.10

The requested resource /VC/default.jsp is not available

Details: File [VC/default.jsp] not found in application root of alias [/] of Java EE application [sap.com/com.sap.engine.docs.examples].

I used the correct URL (I have used it before), so I can only surmise that something has gone wrong. I cannot seem to find a similar thread, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My mistake: the correct URL includes freestyle.jsp. However, that does not appear to be my problem.

I have a duplicate Virtual Machine which fires up very nicely. I am able to access Visual Composer and other CAF capabilites both inside and outside Developer Studio.

In my problem VM, however, I cannot access CAF elements. They are absent from the DS menus and I cannot get the /VC/ or /irj/sites to load. I am sure that a reload of everything would probably fix it, but I would like to know why this happened to avoid it in the future.

Thanks,

TB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy,

The VC URL is http://<servername>:<port number>/VC/freestyle.jsp for VC 7.1. Are you sure you accessed it with this URL? I suspect because you have default.jsp error and that was old 7.0 url!!!

Best regards,

Dharmi