cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Basic Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I know about OPEN_FORM , WRITE_FORM & CLOSE_FORM, what about start_form & end_form ?

PLease explain their functionality and scenario.

2. Why SAPScripts are client-dependent but not smart Forms ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u want to start from a particular page then u will use the START_FORM.suppose if u have 10 pages and u want to start from 5 th page then u will define this page number in start_form,and to end this u need to write END_FORM.

2.to know about the the second question go through the link.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/Client/dependency.htm

the major difference is smartform will generate the function module and it can be called from any client.so it is client indeendent and in scripts there is no fumction module generation so it is client dependent.

please reward me if useful.

gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u explain the answer to the first question in detail please .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go throuh this link. u can find some more information.

• When you print a form you must used the staments OPEN_FORM and CLOSE_FORM. To combine forms into a single spool request use START_FORM and END_FORM.

• To print textelements in a form use WRITE_FORM. The order in which the textelements are printed, is determined by the order of the WRITE_FORM statements. Note: for printing lines in the body, you can also use the WRITE_FORM_LINES function module.

• To transfer control command to a form use CONTROL_FORM.

if suppose if u want to start printing the scipt from any particular page number or else u want to pass some data into the particular page then wee will us this function module.

suppose u want to pass one text element to page number 5.

then u can define like this

call start_form.

page = 'page5'.

call write_form

elem = 't_element'.

call end_form.

i hope this will help you

reward me if useful,'

gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Example for CONTROL_FORM - Usage ?