cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Early Watch Report - Workload By Application Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking at the above part of the Early Watch Report and have been tasked with trying to figure out what programs/processes make up the various modules it is showing such as PY-US, PT-RC, PA,CATS, Unknown, etc. Can somebody tell me where the system looks to determine what module a process falls in? Is it something on the ABAP side or where?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vital_anderhub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the data is taken from transaction ST03.

Select <Expert Mode>. Select the application server and time frame of your choice. Afterwards select <Analysis Views | Transaction Profile | EarlyWatch>.

This table shows all reports and transaction names, which where run in the system in the respective time frame. If you now choose <Aggregation | Application/Subapplication>, you should find a list which fits to the respective chapter in the report. By double-clicking on the specific application name you should also find a list with the according line items for reports and transaction names.

Best Regards, Vital

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. It gave me enough information that along with further digging helped me figure out my answer. Making sure the Application Component of a Package Definition is defined will help us eliminate a lot of our "Unknown" processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I see an interesting report that tells me the Report or Transaction name, number of steps, a whole bunch of stats about this report/transaction but nothing that says this is part of the PA Module or MM Module, etc. Am I missing that somewhere?

vital_anderhub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

O.K. that's right: in the first table you don't see which report/transaction is part of which module.

With the double-click on the aggregated package/subpackage (e.g. PY-US) and aggregation <Transaction> in the pop-up, you see it actually the other way around: Which reports/transactions have contributed to which module.

Edited by: Vital Anderhub on May 8, 2008 3:44 PM