cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Recruiting 3.0 - Problem with emailing Candidate's Data Overview as .pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure if I'm posting this to the correct forum, so please let me know if you suggest somewhere else to post.

I'm trying to make available the data overview for applicants to hiring managers by emailing the Data Overview .pdf to them. This is done while logged into the system via the web, and having the data overview open. One of the options is to email a copy of the .pdf, which is what I am choosing to do.

The email recipient can open up the .pdf file, but if there is an attachment to the overview (like a resume), the url link is incorrect, and the attached document cannot be retrieved. When I hover over the url, it starts out with "file:///sap....", when it should start out with "https://jobs.mphi.org/sap...."

When we originally testing this out months ago it did work. Not sure what has changed in the meantime causing this to no longer work. I'm hoping that someone else might have experienced the same or similar issue and would be able to assist me.

Thank you,

Leeanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

this is not a WebDynpro topic. The issue you have is quite clear.

The links within the PDF have a relative link. Because of this, you can only click on the links within the PDF while having it open in the web browser.

The only possibility to make the links available offline, is to modify. In this case you need to change the link generation to absolute links.

But besides that, sending data overview by mail is quite unsafe and a big security risk for handling of applicant privacy.

Regards