cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Suppress or hide fields in MDM???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to suppress or hide certain fields (not records) in MDM.Is there any way I can achieve this ,I am on MDM 5.5 sp6.I know i can use masks for records ,again Are masks only static??If i add any records after i create the masks will they be added to mask automatically??

Thanks

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can hide a table and it won't appear in the list of tables in data manager but I don't think you can hide a field. Although I must say that it's a very desirable feature and many clients ask for this feature.

regards,

T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we hide the tables based on the roles??I don't know why do we need to hide the tables if we have it on the repository.Yes you are right ,the hide fields or records feature should be included in the future releases..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

corey_chubon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Aravind,

There isn't really a good way to do this in the MDM Data Manager. Each user can go in and on the field name in the records pane, right click and hide field. However, there isn't really a way to tie this to a security role. As for the masks. When you create records they do not automatically get added to the masks. You must manually add the records to it. Please refer to page 209-213 of the Data Manager Reference guide for SP6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your answers,i guess Portal Views is the best solution for these.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

I guess this is possible as we did this in our project in SP04.

To hide a field, right-click on its title and choose Hide from the context menu. The field disappears from the display.

I hope you are looking for this. However Users can unhide themselves.

The recommended way is to use EP, however I guess in your project you have to use Data Manager since either they dont have EP or in first phase of project EP is not part of project.

Hope this helps,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no way to do this in the data manager which is why a lot of clients are tending to lean towards the MDM standard delivered iViews. You can configure the iViews to show or hide any field in the data model and map that iView to a security role.