cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit note in Rebate Agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is it possible to create a debit memo using the rebate agreement functionality within SD? We are only able to create manual payments with a negative sign (meaning that the system generates a credit memo that needs to be paid/deducted to the customer). In our case we need to post a debit memo due to an overpayment made to to the customer.

Many thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Don’t include excess payment in rebate you can settle with reference to order or billing related debit memo and settle the problem.

Ahmed

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi diego

Well first of all we pay rebate amount to the customer in the form of accurals. . So that is the reason we issue credit memo.

Now in your case if you have given excess amount there is no need to create a debit memo as you can run the stastical data S060 which is for rebates . You can even execute the report RV15B002 .to know the differences

Now if the amount has exceeded then you can click on the correct backlogs automatically a B2 correction document will be generated.

Now after invoicing the exceeded amount and the will come back to the correct amount

Hope this should help you without generating a debit memo

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath

Thanks for your response. We are using the new rebate functionality in ECC 6.0 so we use report SDBONT06 to correct the accruals, instead of RV15B002.

But in any case I do not think that this will solve our problem. The issue here is not to correct an over accrual but an over payment, so the customer is actually paying us back some of the money we already paid.

I have been having a look and it seems that standard SAP supports the possibility of this by entering the amount with a positive sign (as opposed to the negative for payments) when creating a manual payment from the rebate agreement functionality. The issue we were having is that our customization does not allow this at the moment - when we enter the amount in positive the system automatically enters a negative sign this not allowing "negative" payments. Has any one actually been able to create a debit note using this function?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I know that this post has more than two years now, but i have exactly the same issue that you did have back there...

Could you tell me how did you solved your problem?

"The issue we were having is that our customization does not allow this at the moment - when we enter the amount in positive the system automatically enters a negative sign this not allowing "negative" payments. Has any one actually been able to create a debit note using this function?"

Thanks.

Regards,

Pedro Sousa