Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactions missing in Role After Upgrade from 4.6c to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I did multiple searches on this question but it was unsuccessful. We are upgrading from 4.6c to ECC 6.0. We are testing roles to make sure the migrate properly.

Irrespective of su25. There are transactions that are not obsolete and are missing in ECC 6.0

For example if I have a role called FIROLE. Which has 20 tcodes in 4.6c. When we upgrade to ECC 6.0 8 tcodes will be missing. This is not because the tcodes become obsolete.

What is the best way to approach this. Should we be testing each role?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

This should normally be flagged in the upgrade steps, but from what you are saying I assume it's not.

Usually I would recommend looking at all roles any way & in this case it seems like it would be very wise to compare the transactional content of each role against the pre-upgrade roles. Best way to make sure would be to compare the S_TCODE values (you can get this from AGR_1251 filtered on S_TCODE) rather than those solely in the menu.

Good luck!

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

transactions can be 'obsolete' also if they still exist.....

If the application developers create new functionality, new look,.... in new transactions but still let the 'old' ones in the system.

Just think about the ME2*-transactions..... The developer can decide, that such new transactions should replace the old ones after upgrade in the roles or let the old ones as they are.

You can get an overview about replaced/obsolete transactions by reviewing table PRGN_CORR2 (make sure, that you have the latest version, according to [SAP Note 991377|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/991377] !!!). SU25 gets its information from that table.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks for the great infromation guys. It was very helpful. Ill continue to test and find issues. So I am assuming this is typical.

Also very good take and the obsolete transactions point.

0 Kudos

If anyone else has anything to share that would be wonderful!