cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query w.r.t delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q)while creating certificate QC01

In the Restriction for inspection lot selection screen area, use the F4 input help for the field Insp. lot origin to select the inspection lot origin 04 (Goods receipt from production). At certificate creation, only inspection lots with the inspection lot origin you entered here will be considered.

If I choose '02' goods issue, do I have to mention this anywhere else(in Mat master etc.) or from here onwards each Goods issue will churn out a certificate with this profile ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avijit regarding ur question on "If I choose '02' goods issue, do I have to mention this anywhere else(in Mat master etc.) or from here onwards each Goods issue will churn out a certificate with this profile ?" -

Yes ,Only those inspection lots with the origin specified here are included when the certificate is created.

regards,

Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

so in simple terms

02 in Certificate header

&

02 in MM (QM view)

am I correct ?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The answer is not if what you have in the certifcate header should be in the material master... the question is how do you inspect your materials? Are you using 02 inspection lots? I find that to be unusal.

If so, then use 02 in the certificate header.

The inspection process should drive what is in the certificate header. Not the other way around.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig Thanks

this part is quiet clear "The inspection process should drive what is in the certificate header. Not the other way around."

so it means, that a inspection lot is a must for certificates. (correct ?)

Now we are not doing anything tangible as such , right now only brainstorm sessions.

The question that I would still like to get cleared is , 'we want to churn certificates at goods delivery'. Maybe a bit too simple for words, but that's it.

Now I have understood that there's a inspection lot which is a 'must', so now if you could tell me what inspection lot is to be mentioned in MM , so that a corresponding header can be chosen in certificate hdr. in order that we can just publish a certificate at GI. or am I making this too simple & there's more to this simple wish.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's more to this then a wish.

Certs can get data from two places. Inspection lots or batch data.

I prefer to get them from the batch values and not inspection lots when I can. It's usually much cleaner. And since most places producing certs are doing so for batch managed materials its usually possible. So, no, inspection lots are not required. Of course, this is usually where the batch results come from to start with! But I have seen plants that simply use MSC1n/MSC2n to create the batch and enter results with out using inspection lots. Usually that's not acceptable however for other reasons in most cases, especially in pharma, food and most chemical companies.

If you get the results from the batch, you would not specify any inspection type in the header. Even if you do, its not used. Sometimes some results come from the batch and some from an inspection lot as well.

For each characteristic listed in the cert profile, you must specify where to get the results and the specs from.

So, when I said it's the inspection process that drives the cert, I meant that you first need to decide how you intend to capture the testing results? Direct entry into the batch record? Inspection lots? (Usually 04 lots are used but there are exceptions and variations).

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig Thanks

It seems that this is nearing the end now.

in this case, the certs will get data from Inspection lots.That's how it has been decided so must comply. I shall keep the batch information for another day, but for now and given the design that we are supposed to follow, I will stick to the inspection lot.

04 (one that's generally used) is 'Goods receipt from production', or 'final inspection at GR from production' in QM view. in our case we will bring stuff from customer(customer owned) repair them and send it back to the customer. so for some vague reason I am still confused reagrding 02 & 04, (02 is telling me that once repair items leave the premises, a piece of paper (cert) will also go alongwith, or is my comprehension of 02 completely on tilt) because in my (ltd.)understanding we are not recieving any production goods but inspecting the goods at goods issue. or does 04 also hold good & valid in our case ?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. see.. that's why we need this information! You introduced a whole new wrinkle into this!

Since you are receiving material from a customer for repair, you will probably be using repair orders for this and you'll have to use the 05 inspection lot for that for customer returns. If your using only return deliveris then In SD customizing there is a setting where the inspection origin is defined for the delivery type. This is delivered as 06 and you'll want 05 if you want stock relevant inspection lots.

If your using repair orders then you need to activate the 05 inspection type in the material master.

See SAP help: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/d0/0babdcea5011d1954a00a0c930e04c/frameset.htm

Your results would be recorded against the 05 inspection lot, and then your certificate profile would specify 05 inspection lots.

If your using the quality notifications process for returns/repairs then you don't want to activate the 05. You probably don't want this since you won't have an inspection lot to create a cert from.

See SAP help:

Overview and top level of repairs process help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/e9/92b917f6dc11d19296ab92e885eaaa/frameset.htm

Limited SAP help on inspection process:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/e9/92b917f6dc11d19296ab92e885eaaa/frameset.htm

If your design plans on using quality notifications to in the repair process, make sure you review this:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/6a/9927b6e8ad11d1954800a0c930e04c/frameset.htm

There are several ways of doing customer repairs in standard SAP. There should be little need to do any customization.

Craig

BTW: 02 (goods issue) is used to create an inspection lot at goods issue... i.e. when you send out material. In your process that is too late as it isn't created until you try to post out the stock after it is repaired. You want the inspection lot created as soon as the material arrives on site, thus you use the 05 - other goods receipt.

Edited by: Craig Snyder on May 8, 2008 3:51 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not quite sure of your question.

It doesn't matter how the delivery is created/made. If a certificate is specified, and the the profile is selected, it will only use results from 04 inspections if that is what you specified in the cert profile header.

If you sepcify 02 in the cert profile header, then it will only use results found in 02 inspection lots. Are you creating and using 02 inspection lots? If so, not a problem.

Craig