cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms text node in release 710

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prior to today, I have worked with SmartForms in ECC 5.0 but now I am in ECC 6.0. I see a major difference in SmartForms when it comes to text nodes. What is this all about? I can no longer drag fiields to the text node. Now the text node opens with an, embeded, instance of MS Word. Is this normal? Have SmartStyles gone away? I am royally confused.

Regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Yes, there are some diferences in the new version! But the answer for your 2 questions is no!

Smartstyles still exist, and text nodes can be edited in the old way. Just click the pensil button on the left of the window (MS word window).

Hope this helps!

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The pencil button just takes me to a full-screen of the word-embeded editor. Also, I manually entered a field, from the interface, and the field is entered correct (at least correct according to the ECC5 way)

&I_OBJECT&

The bad part is that, when I use the testing function, the data that I enter in I_OBJECT doesn't come through. Instead &I_OBJECT& prints. Did the format of the fields change?

Regards,

Davis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Smartstyles still exist, and text nodes can be edited in the old way. Just click the pencil button on the left of the window (MS word window).

along with there is a problem in the new version of MS Word with ECC6.0 install the old version of MS Word

Thanks,

NN.

Edited by: Nethaji babu on May 7, 2008 5:02 PM

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again.

Perhaps you are not clicking in the pencil button i'm talking about. Sometimes it's hidden ... look if the scroll bar (horizontal) is not to the right? Sometimes you have to click on the bar to make it go to the left. There is a button that transports you to the old editor (I'm looking at it right now).

Regarding variables, if you are using the MS Word editor, you must click on entering variable button. &'s needed there too.

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just created a style and added a character format where it is boldboldbold However, I can't figure out how to apply the character format. I tried clicking the bold icon but, after I save, the boldness goes away.

Regards,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only pencil icon I see says "Editor" when you hover over it and it is above the 'Check' icon. I used the 'Insert Field' icon, adding the '&'s, and it still doesn't display the result of that field. Any ideas?

I now managed to get the value to come through. I had to click the "editor" button and add the field in that editor. It didn't work if I added the field in the first editor (the node layout).

My problem with the character format still stands. Also, can you not drag and drop the fields anymore? Is there a way to go back to the old editor? This new editor takes entirely too long to load each time you go to a new text node.

Aaron

Edited by: Aaron Shover on May 7, 2008 11:12 AM

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

When you click on the editor button (you are clicking in the correct one) it transposrts you to a full screen MS word editor.

Now, the solution is to choose the menu (in ms word screen):

GOTO->Configure Editor-> and then Uncheck the Graphical PC editor checkbox.

This will take you to the old editor.

Reward if usefull.

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me what the problem is with the new version of Word? Does it deal with character formats?

Regards,

Aaron

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you do it? Did you get the old editor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't get the old editor (the view from ECC 5.0) but I did get the change editor. I was hoping to see the old editor.

Can you tell me what the issue is with Office 2007 and ECC 6.0 (in regards to SmartForms)? Also, how do you use character formats? When I click the bold button and then save, it unbolds the text. I have created a character format which is of type bold.

Regards,

Aaron