Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHSCON or SHPCON : how to transfer the picking request number ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to pick & pack an outbound delivery using the idoc WHSCON.

Using the WE19 transaction I have simulated an inbound idoc with qualif. PIC in segment E1EDL18. It works fine.

My problem is that a new picking request is created for the delivery. It has the same number as the delivery. Because of this, the picking quantity is added to the delivery quantity.

So my question is quite simple : in order WHSCON (or SHPCON), in which segment and field must i put the picking request number ?

Subsidiary question : Is it a difference between messages SHPCON and SHPCON ?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there, Off the top of my head, I used WHSCON as opposed to SHPCOn for shiiping confirmations ( picking and PGI).

But for returns and refusals I used SHPCON.

Now they both can be used but obviously the Func. modules are different. Other than that there must be some subtle differences, which you might notice if you test both thoroughly for the same condition.

also in my case there was no picking request # so I cannot help you there.

I do recollect that the PIC indicator was in both the header and the line item, and there was another indicator used by another team in the 19 segment, think it was "QUA". never understood its purpose.

If you do figure it out outside of this forum, please post the resolution here.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my case, the delivery was already picked by the picking output EKSU.

I have desactivated outpout message EKSU (shiping point customizing) and then the quantity is correctly updated. This output was used to send PICKSD idoc.

The SHPCON and WHSCON work the same way, they both call FM IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY.

The WHSCON doesn't allow partial picking ; the delivery quantity is adjusted to the picked quantity.

Thanks.