cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie: Don't know how to start my new project... Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a newbie to SAP and NW. Please give me some hints on the following trial project.

I would like to create a prototype application for the customer master management. The t-code is xd01 in SAP. Traditionally, we use template email to require PR department to create the customer. Now, I would like to let user create the customer master themselves to reduce data-entry.

The process is as below.

User create a new customer creation request.

PR clerk validates and corrects the request and pass the request to PR manager.

PR manager approve or reject the new request.

We are planned to use CAF, WebDynPro and GP for this application as I think we need all this in future development.

My problem is how should I start design this application? What component is needed? Is there any Enterprise Services provided by SAP in ES bundles? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

1) Try searching in ESWorkplace if ES for Customer Master is available or not.

Here is the link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/esworkplace

2) If it is not available, you can use BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATEFROMDATA(1)( ECC)

3) You can directly consume this BAPI in WebDynPro using RFC model or you have functionality to expose this BAPI as WebService( from ECC Backend) which can also be consumed in WebDynPro through WS models.

4) For your scenario, CAF GP is the right approach to go for a business process.

5) CAF GP only works with Enterprise Portal. So once the process is done, nobody can use this application if he/she is not having portal user ids.User, PR Clerk and PR manager, all should have access to Enterprise Portal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I have searched the ES Workplace already. However, I think this is not an efficient way to do this.

This is because I am not sure whether this function can perform what I want if I just look in the ES Workplace. It seems that I need to test it over in a system. (My development environment is still not up yet. My colleagues are working hard on that already.)

Moreover, the ESR promised to provide a harmonized model and extensive documentation. So, I believe there should be some efficient way to look up what I want. Isn't it? Now, I need to find out the customer object by keyword search and then I know that business partner object is somehow related. I am not able to determine which one should I use or are they able to fulfill my simple operation. Is someone need to have better SAP knowledge in order to use the ESR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You can test what any enterprise service does by testing in the SAP test host environment.It has been hosted by SAP so that we can test and consume the enterprise services.

You can register for free to use it.

You can access it via -

[original link is broken]

or - SDN -> Enterprise SOA ->Explore Enterprise Service and then Tets Drive Enterprise Service

Use the web services navigator to test - drive your identified service.

You need to register(free) first via SDN.

Regards

Shobhendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhendra,

I have just create the S user account and register the test host environment. However, it's extremely slow. By the way, how can I try out the ES that I found in the ES workplace? I don't know where is the menu item located. Thanks!

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The hosted SAP environment is sometimes slow . You have to live with it .cant help in this case :-).

click on the HU2 link(in case you want to test ECC).

Then on the transaction screen - type

WSADMIN or SOA MANAGER.

On the next screen , expand the

--->SOAP Application for Web Services

(I am taking example of - ECC_CUSTOMERIDQRECC_CUSTOMERIDQR Enterprise Service)

Then go to -

ECC_CUSTOMERIDQR ->

ECC_CUSTOMERIDQR ->

ECC_CUSTOMERIDQR.

then click on Web Service Homepage -->

Document Style -

Go on the Web Service Interface

The web service test navigator opens up -

Click Go and test

You can also test servives in VC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a160392c-0e01-0010-7784-9cc564d8...

One thing to note is that the name of the Eservices are not same in the ES workplace and in WSADMIn transaction list.

ES workplace names are based on SAP eSOA Governance model while the names in WSADMIn are the technical names.Vert rarely does the ES Workplace document tellsyou the technical names of the services.So you would have to finfd the exact services by opening services that seem relevant

Just a tip - services ending with -

DQR - Query Services

CHGRC - Change / Modify Services

CRTRC - Create Servcies

Regards

Shobhendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

I was just going around with the Test drive option in Enterprise Services Workplace Systems.

I registerd here as a S user.

Can you kindlt let me know when can i expect the username and password for the Hu6 system

Thanks

Madhukar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You have lot of options to start your development. But if your application has to be flexible, use Composition Environment (You can download it from SDN ). You can use

Enterprise service Repository. It also has good features which support rapid development and supports SOA.

Your scenario is much complex of its kind and you can develop in any platform. But why don`t you try building it as a composite application in CE Environemnt and you can appreciate its ease.

Thanks,

ARC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ARC,

I am trying to start in this way actually. However, I want to have a better pictures on what should I do in order to complete this project. For example, I just start up and found that I have problem in finding a proper ES for the xd01. I guess create customer master should be a common task and should be available in the ESR. However, I don't know the way to do it. Any help with that?

Regards,

Alex