Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve Web accessibility with Function keys

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I’ve got the task to enhance the accessibility of our (z-)webdynpro applications for handling unit management that they can be easier used by some of our handicapped employees. One of our approaches is to add function keys to all commonly used buttons on the user interface (like it is possible in the gui status of normal dynpros).

Unfortunately I wasn’t even able to find a clue (except there is an API for web dynpro for java) on this topic either in example wd’s directly nor on the web. Someone ever tried to do this or can give me some advice on the implementation of this function?

Thanks in advance,

Alej

PS: ** Points will be rewarded for sure! **

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look at this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/af/94c0417546cd17e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

At the bottom of the tree structure on the right, you will find this link:

Keyboard Access for UI Elements in Web Dynpro.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Micky,

thanks for your reply. So it is NOT possible in WD4A to bind buttons to function keys?

Regards,

Alej

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks to me that your conclusion is correct.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's a pity that there isn't an API for us developers like in WebDynpro JAVA.

I haven't given up on this topic yet though! At the moment I'm tracing the F4 value help to find out how this was implemented. It looks like SAP used a mix of abap in the backend and a java script on the frontend to fire the respective event.

I already got the permisson by our basis and some days of resources from my project manager to try to accomplish this with changes of the according sap code.

Someone perhaps tried this before?

Regards,

Alej

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone again,

I couldn't get this functions keys working and I wanted to attempt a last time to ask for informations here in the forums.

Someone ever tried something like this? We just were informed by SAP that a change for this functionality is in the "pipe". Sounds although like it will take some time until the feature is released...

I noticed that Thomas Jung often replied to the users here recently so I hope to get some clarification from the maestro himself.

/Bump and best regards,

Alejsen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Function Key support (actually full keyboard support) will be present in Web Dynpro ABAP as of 7.0 Enhancement Package 1. This is due out in Q3 of this year. Basically we have added an additional property to many UI elements that allows you to assign a keyboard command to it. So it is quite easy to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomus,

I am working with editable ALV table and trying to achieve function key instead of onEnter event in input field.

Is it possible ?

System in EHP5.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Sonia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please read this: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d4cef8-b7ed-2a10-66a3-c3a95715c8f1].

Regards,

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

thanks for your very fast reply, but I think you misunderstood me. To make it clear: the question is "How to implement function keys on web dynpro abap buttons?" and not "How can I enhance a web dynpro?".

regards,

alej

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry!

I'm searching for some wda with function keys here.

Regards,