cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC<--->XI<----->SOAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our Scenario is IDOC XI SOAP synchronous.

We get data from IDOC to XI and send it to SOAP, I get response back from SOAP which is sent to R3 by STATUS IDOC.We have implemented BPM in our scenario and there is no Exception handling.

My question is, if the SOAP server is down then I get a System Error.What we want to know is

1. Whether it is possible to send the failed IDOC again to SOAP from XI and get the response back( I guess this is not possible in our case). Does Exception handling enables this feature ??

2. Is it possible to know the status of SOAP server in BPM so that we can keep the incoming IDOCs in queue and send them once the SOAP is up?

3. If Exception handling/Fault messages concept is implemented then can we send response back to STATUS IDOC from XI(Note: We need the incoming IDOC number must for this as R3 should know which IDOC is failed).

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks & regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Please refer the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/49/e3fb40ef74f823e10000000a155106/content.htm

Also refer SAP Note 777175.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shibani

*PS reward with points if helpful*

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Ya we did that by restarting the workflows manually.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

1. Whether it is possible to send the failed IDOC again to SOAP from XI and get the response back( I guess this is not possible in our case). Does Exception handling enables this feature ??

Ans) It is possible to resend the data from the XI system if it is failed and sits in the Adapter engine (Message monitoring) here you can resend it once the SOAP server is up.............

2. Is it possible to know the status of SOAP server in BPM so that we can keep the incoming IDOCs in queue and send them once the SOAP is up?

Ans) Yes it is possible to know the status of the SOAP , for this you need to include a step in the BPM to have a lookup at the server(SOAP)...Once it is up the workflow can be restarted again manually.................

3. If Exception handling/Fault messages concept is implemented then can we send response back to STATUS IDOC from XI(Note: We need the incoming IDOC number must for this as R3 should know which IDOC is failed).

Ans) Yes if the exception handling is done then it is important to have the incoming idoc number so that the response will be send with this idoc number and also the status of the mentioed idoc ..you can achive this with exception handling

Regards

Sai

Reward with points will helpfull

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shatish,

yes Exception Handling Branch will enable this Feature,In exception branch you have to use Send step as you would have used for sending IDOC so that if exception happans at all then it will again send that IDOC Again .

It is not possible to know status of SOAP Server in BPM.

Yes you can do that in Exception Handling Branch.

Reward Points IF Helpful

Thanks

Sunil Singh

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Please go through the fallowing discussions..

Hope this info is useful to you..

Thanks,

Satya Kumar