cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a WD Project that I can successfully deploy on say Development and Test WAS.

When I deploy the same project to Production WAS Server, I get the following Deployment Error attached at the end.

Version of my NWDS is SP12. All the WAS are also on SP12.

Please help.

Regards,

Shubham

28-Nov-2005 18:50:14 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] INFO:

[003]Additional log information about the deployment

<!LOGHEADER[START]/>

<!HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/>

<!LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.3.7185 - 630]/>

<!NAME[/usr/sap/WS2/JC00/SDM/program/log/sdmcl20051128104809.log]/>

<!PATTERN[sdmcl20051128104809.log]/>

<!FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%24d %s: %m)]/>

<!ENCODING[ISO8859_1]/>

<!LOGHEADER[END]/>

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:10 PM Info: -

Starting deployment -

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:10 PM Info: Loading selected archives...

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:10 PM Info: Loading archive '/usr/sap/WS2/JC00/SDM/program/temp/temp19173WorkMenu.ear'

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: Selected archives successfully loaded.

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: Actions per selected component:

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'WorkMenu'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2005.11.28.18.49.22' will be deployed.

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: Error handling strategy: OnErrorStop

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: Update strategy: UpdateAllVersions

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: Starting: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'WorkMenu'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2005.11.28.18.49.22' will be deployed.

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: SDA to be deployed: /usr/sap/WS2/JC00/SDM/root/origin/local/WorkMenu/LOKAL/0.2005.11.28.18.49.22/temp19173WorkMenu.ear

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: Software type of SDA: J2EE

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:16 PM Info: ***** Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:52 PM Info: Begin of log messages of the target system:

05/11/28 18:48:17 - ***********************************************************

05/11/28 18:48:18 - Start updating EAR file...

05/11/28 18:48:18 - start-up mode is lazy

05/11/28 18:48:21 - EAR file updated successfully for 2405ms.

05/11/28 18:48:21 - Start deploying ...

05/11/28 18:48:32 - EAR file uploaded to server for 9636ms.

05/11/28 18:48:52 - ERROR: Not deployed. Deploy Service returned ERROR:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application local/WorkMenu..

Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/WorkMenu. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/WorkMenu. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:478)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1555)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java(Compiled Code))

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/WorkMenu. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?

at com.sap.engine.services.webdynpro.WebDynproContainer.deploy(WebDynproContainer.java:933)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.makeComponents(DeploymentTransaction.java:594)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeployUtilTransaction.commonBegin(DeployUtilTransaction.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.begin(DeploymentTransaction.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:290)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhases(ApplicationTransaction.java:323)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.makeGlobalTransaction(DeployServiceImpl.java:3033)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:463)

... 11 more

For detailed information see the log file of the Deploy Service.

05/11/28 18:48:52 - ***********************************************************

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:52 PM Info: End of log messages of the target system.

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:52 PM Info: ***** End of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:52 PM Error: Aborted: development component 'WorkMenu'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2005.11.28.18.49.22':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application local/WorkMenu..

Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/WorkMenu. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/WorkMenu. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Nov 28, 2005 6:48:53 PM Error: -

At least one of the Deployments failed -

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I have got the same problem. Regarding your solution, could you please tell me how to find the parameter of 'tablespace' and change its value? Should I use 'visual admin' for that?

Thanks,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xiaodong,

We were using Oracle database for our WAS. We checked the Oracle table space. If you have access to the DB Server you go and check the table space. Else ask you basis to check the table space.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem occured, since one of the tablespace in the Oracle database was full. So it was not able to deploy the application. I checked in the log and trace files which listed the DB error just before the mentioned deployment error. So I allocated more space to the tablespace and after that my applications were deployed without any problems.

But one question remains.

If the problem was due to the tablespace, why it gives message "Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?"

Any hints?

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I checked the tablespaces and all is right. Therefore the problem should be due to other reasons. In particular I checked the lof file using log wiever and have this error:

Error in processing data.

[EXCEPTION]

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe (errno:32)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAvailable(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.available(PlainSocketImpl.java:417)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.available(SocketInputStream.java:222)

at com.sap.engine.core.manipulator.TCPRunnableConnection.checkRead(TCPRunnableConnection.java:383)

at com.sap.engine.core.manipulator.TCPRunnableConnection.run(TCPRunnableConnection.java:551)

at com.sap.engine.core.manipulator.TCPRunnableConnection.runIfNotInProcess(TCPRunnableConnection.java:505)

at com.sap.engine.core.manipulator.ThreadManagerProxy.run(ThreadManagerProxy.java:93)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

This sound very strange to my ears. I need to solve the problem as soon as possible. Any idea will be appreciated and awarded.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have the same problem.... indeed the deploy shows the Clusterwide exception.

I opened this post in order to solve the problem that is very urgent. Any idea will be appreciate.

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

One of the possible reasons is there might be no container available for a module. This means that the corresponding container is not started. Most likely this is because the service providing the container has not been started.

One of the most adviced solutions is to start the service which provides the stopped container. You can use the Visual Administrator or a Telnet session.

Start the Visual Administrator.

1. Log-in and select the corresponding service.

2. After a right mouse click a context menu appears.

3. Select Start to start the service.

Starting of the service will start the container it provides. Now you can retry deploying or updating the application.

This is the standard solution for the error "com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy"

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Kindly let me know if the solution works fine..

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

First thing is that I can deploy all other 20 applications on this server without any problem.

Only my 21st application is giving this problem.

Next I was not able to locate the service that provides the container. Can you please help me to find the service.

Regards,

Shubham