cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAT error: 0xHEX is used a class and object...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

playing around some more with MAT I ran into the following error with some of my dumps. All were taken on 1.5 SUN JVMs (running on either Solaris or Linux).

org.eclipse.mat.snapshot.SnapshotException: Error: 0x8d776450 is used as class and object simultaneously. Are you using a beta DLL for Sun JDK 1.4.2 to write the heap dump?

at org.eclipse.mat.hprof.HprofParserHandlerImpl.createRequiredFakeClasses(HprofParserHandlerImpl.java:191)

at org.eclipse.mat.hprof.HprofParserHandlerImpl.beforePass2(HprofParserHandlerImpl.java:89)

at org.eclipse.mat.hprof.HprofIndexBuilder.fill(HprofIndexBuilder.java:76)

at org.eclipse.mat.parser.internal.SnapshotFactoryImpl.parse(SnapshotFactoryImpl.java:183)

at org.eclipse.mat.parser.internal.SnapshotFactoryImpl.openSnapshot(SnapshotFactoryImpl.java:101)

at org.eclipse.mat.snapshot.SnapshotFactory.openSnapshot(SnapshotFactory.java:77)

at org.eclipse.mat.ui.internal.ParseHeapDumpJob.run(ParseHeapDumpJob.java:52)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Since the suggested problem (usage of JDK 1.4.2) is not the case: What else can I do to find out what is going on? Do I need any special switches for jmap? The dumps all were taken with the same command:

jmap -heap:format=b <pid>

Still, some work, some do not. Any suggestions?

bye, Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

this smells like a bug. The easiest way again is to have a look at the dump. If you zip it, it should become smaller. I could also provide upload space. Right now, I am at the J1 in San Francisco so it might not be as easy for me to fix this.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a dump from a fresh started Tomcat which shows the mentioned behaviour. It's 17MB (compressed only 2.3MB). I have uploaded it [here|www.vierpfeile.de/heap1.hprof.bz2].

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

bye, Michael

former_member197208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, I got the dumps and can reproduce the problem. I'll dig into 'em. thanks.