cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position number 90001: Packaging and / or batch material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am very new to SAP SD. Actually I am doing SAP XI. Now I have some beginner questions regarding outbound delivery handling:

I am setting up a scenario with outbound DESADV DELVRY Idocs. Now I am wondering about position numbers 90001 and so on:

- What are position numbers starting with 9 in generel?

- Up to now I thought these contain just some "one way packaging" items which you normally do not care about? But now I got to know that "90001" can also be some other kind of "sub position" to position nr. 1, e.g. a batch?

- If so: How can I know what a specific position with nr. 9000x is standing for? How can I distinguish between packing material or batch position?

- At the moment, when I analyze outbound DELVRY IDocs and there is a position nr like 9000x, these positions are just ignored and not transmitted to the customer. I have seen this at many companys...

Thanks in advance!

CHRISTOPH

Edited by: Christoph G. on May 7, 2008 2:24 PM

Edited by: Christoph G. on May 7, 2008 2:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Whenever a SO is created, SAP allocates a Line item number - say 10,20,30,40...........

When the Delivery is created for this SO, the Delivery note line item too gets its own Line number as 1,2,3,4,5,.........

If in case the Part is a Batch managed inventory, then SAP allocates automatically a sub number to the line item number as 90001, 90002..............

and this happens to be an internal sequence only for your system and not for the Partner - so this would not be transmitted to the Partner - as it would make no meaning to them.

Please see a easy way to understand this :

Part number Chris0001 - Line item # 1 - Qty 100

when Batch number is assigned

Part number Chris0001 - Line item # 1 - Qty 0

Batch # CG1 - 90001 Qty 30

Batch # CG1 - 90002 Qty 20

Batch # CG1 - 90003 Qty 10

Batch # CG1 - 90004 Qty 40

As can be seen in this, the 90001 to 90004 sequence is internal and makes no use to Partner as in their system, 4 line items will be craeted as Goods receipt with 4 line item numbers of their own sequence.

cheers

nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

So you talked about batch items. Now I am still wondering what 9xxxx position numbers can also stand for? AFAIK these position numbers contain some "one way" packaging material, like a one-way box.

But how can I then distinguish between a batch item position and a packaging position?

I hope you understand my problem?

Thank,

Christoph

Edited by: Christoph G. on May 19, 2008 3:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

any feedback appreciated...

CHRISTOPH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There - sorry for not replying befre - been busy on a implementation work -

normally, I associate the Batch number 9XXXXX in the table of deliveries and inventory managed tables as I am aware of the batch management - with ref to packaging, we do not us standard sap tables but use cusom tables with own sequence number range and so we have no issue in id

cheers

Nandu