cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of sap system from AIX to Sun Solaris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am working on SAP R/3 4.7, IBM AIX Server & on Oracle 10g database.

We are planning to "Migrate the whole sap system from AIX Server to SUN SOLARIS Server".What are the steps we should take in account to move the system from from AIX to Sun Solaris??

Please provide me with some links,documentations and sap notes that would help me in the migration task.

Thanks & Regards,

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajeev_das
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The very first thing is you need to make a project plan and submit it to SAP. Its mandatory to register the migration service with SAP.

You may check with your SAP account manager for this.

This migration can be done only by a certified OS/DB migration consultant. And you have to mention the name of the certified consultant to SAP.

Cheers,

Rajeev

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First link to be checked: http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

Here you will find an FAQ with the most asked questions.

Be aware that you need a certified migration consultant on-site who will do the migration (with you of course).

Apart from that, the migration is basically a heterogeous system copy using R3load (and/or the corresponding Jload for Java systems).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am little confused on one issue,that is,we are basically migrating from AIX to SUN Solaris but both of them are Unix based Operating System.

In this case do we have to do a homogeneous system copy or heterogeneous syatem copy ??

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Soumya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Homogeneous would be AIX/Oracle --> AIX/Oracle, no matter what you change - OS or database or both - it´s heterogeneous.

Markus