cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Embed Flex Appln(.swf) with WebDynpro ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to integrate Flex Application with Webdynpro ABAP, so I created a Flex Application and took its output .swf file and imported that into MIME repository of Webdynpro.

Now I want to Embed that .swf application into the Webdynppro View as we can Embed images into the Webdynpro using various Function Modules like "RS_BEX_MIME_GET_FOLDERS_FILES".

Is there any similar Function Module available for getting the .swf file from MIME repository into Webdynpro ABAP and then embedding the same into view by binding it the Context of that view.

Best Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The functionality that you want is not currently available in Web Dynpro. It will be called Flash Islands and is being developed and is targeted for release with NetWeaver Enhancement Package 1 (although release plans are subject to change). This will allow you to embed a flash object and also share context data and pass events back and forth from the Flex Component and the Web Dynpro Component hosting it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to embed/use an 'swf' file from the mime repository of a web DynPro Component into a Flex Application whose generated swf file is also in the same mime repository ? If yes, please help me with some code snippets.

Thanks and Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

i don't know if i understood ur question well or not..

i think ur asking about calling another swf in same view of flash/flex application.

If this is the requirement then you can use an flex application in WD. This application can call required modules using moduleloader.

same view area can be used by loading/unloading already saved modules. this is more efficient way to have large application in Flex/Flash.

you can get more details of modules in Flex builder Help also.

just need to unload previous module and the load new module using proper url addressing to SWF file in MIME repository or any other source through http.

Regards,

Vivek