Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Authorization for MASSD

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement for giving a user only display authorizations for MASSD.

I've tried various combinations of objects, however have been unsuccessful so far..

Pls. help.

Thanks,

Saba.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try object B_MASSMAIN? Try just giving access to display in the activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds like you need the query part of MASSD. Have you looked at using good old SAP Query? SAP provide a number of standard database views (/SAPAPO/V_MATxx) that join the main product/location tables together and allow you to query them via the product and location number rather than the ID field.

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a basis person & m not really sure what you mean...could you please explain...

thanks a lot,

saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MASSD allows mass changes to master data - so is a pretty dangerous transaction.

It has a front end part that allows you to select the data you want to change. It sounds like your users want the friendly query piece, but not the update piece.

If they need a query tool on master data, then they should not use MASSD.

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In MASSD, after you select your variant, you can print a list of various products...that's precisely what they want..updation is a complete no-no...just something like mass display...since there is no T-code for mass display.

Thanks a lot,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As John has said, do not use MASSD purely for display purposes, it is not designed for this and I doubt there is an authorization object to display only as this is entirely against what MASSD was designed to do, eg update master data. Try instead to create a SAP Query to display the field details you require (transaction SQ01).

Regards

Ian

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everybody...the query solution indeed worked:))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may get a better response if you post this topic in the SAP Security Forum:

[Security Forum|;

Regards

Ian