cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO 3166 alpha 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to use ISO 3166 alpha 3 codification for a country.

Which means I have for use this topic?

Exist a conversion report ISO 3166 alpha 2 to ISO 3166 alpha 3 ?

Thanks.

X. Ferran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xavier,

Both lists (ISO-2 and ISO-3) can be downloaded from ISO site or any other reliable site.

Edna

Please grant points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Edna response is good; this the last step. My first question is if is possible in SAP use standard ISO 3166 alpha3. I found use ISO 3166 alpha 2 only.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that in the remote (source) system you have iso-2 and you want to translate it to iso-3, or you have more than one source system, and they use both iso-2 and iso-3.

Well, you can have them both in a lookup. The question is how the source data is. Source data can also be neither one of them (iso-2, iso-3) as long as you mapped each source value to the new record accordingly. This is mostly one time effort.

If I'm not clear, please provide more concrete details and I will go further.

Edna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edna:

I am building an interfase for communications my SAP system with an external system (non SAP) and send some information. This external system needs ISO 3166 alpha 3 codification for countrys.

In my system I have identified ISO 3166 alpha 2 codification only.

My question is if is possible both standard SAP codification for countrys; if not possible, my other option is create a 'Z' data base table for alpha 3 values.

Thanks.

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xavier,

It looks like you are not having an MDM software, neither plan to have it.

In this case you can disregard my answer, and find a suitable forum.

My answer was assuming you use MDM, and is not relevant otherwise.

Edna

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Which system are you talking about? SAP systems are usually able to store both ISO2 and ISO3 codes. Check the system customizing (transaction SPRO -> Button SAP Reference IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> General Settings -> Set Countries) for details. Countries are stored in database table T005 (note that the country texts are stored in table T005T), the field for ISO2 code is INTCA, ISO3 code is INTCA3. SAP systems use the ISO2 code as a default, but you can use ISO3 codes for your interface, too.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIchael:

I can get the ISO 3166 alpha 3 to the table T005-INTCA3

Thanks

Answers (0)