cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Error Handling doesn't work as expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we are doing some syncronization szenarios between CRM 5.0 and a legacy system via XI.

One szenario is an asynchronous XML syncronisation. As there are database locks the messages are errornous and turn to system failure - restartable (red flag). To be seen in SXMB_MONI.

Regarding to weblog /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically I configuered the CRM middleware with IS_Retry and also scheduled a job for report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES.

That worked fine until yesterday our synchronous XML szenario dumped and produced errornous messages type system failure - not restartable (red dot). Since then the IS_Restart doesn't work anymore.

I've no idea how to handle theese messages. It seems they are preventing IS_Retry from working. If there are red flagged messages I can process them manually or with report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES. But they are not automatically re-processed via IS_Retry.

I also checked the queues and they look fine in smq2. There are no stucked queues.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong and how I can fix this issue? I could schedule the report to work more than once a day as it is at the moment (night job), but IS_Retry option would be the better szenario.

Thanks a lot in advance.

kind regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

To restart the messages after error, you can schedule the report RSQIWKEX.

Regards,

Suraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

thanks a lot for your replay.

However this report restarts the inbound-queues. But as I mentionend they aren't stuck. Nevertheless I testet the report but it didn'nt had any noticable effect. IS_Retry still doesn't work and the not restartable XML still exist.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Can you provide the following?

1. From SXI_MONITOR, error log it has generated. (If it is very large, just send heart of it).

2. Audit log from Message Monitoring on adapter engine.

Just check whether you can start it through Adapter engine.

Regards,

Suraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

the error log in SXI_MONITOR tells me that the sender/receiver realtion couldn't be found, due to XI had a downtime.

On Audit log from Message Monitoring on adapter engine I don't have permission, as I am working only on the CRM.

But i was able to deal with the errornous XML. The deletion job in sxmb_adm (rsmb_delete_messages) with the parameter PERSIST_DURATION_ERROR with Subparameter SYNC Value 1 has removed them from the system.

According to forum

But I still don't know why IS_Retry doesn't work anymore.

Kind regards

Michael

Answers (0)